26 August 2014

Review: Thin Love by Eden Butler

Thin Love


Title: Thin Love
Author: Eden Butler
Genre: New Adult/Contemporary Romance crossover
Release Date: August 19, 2014
Tour Hosted by: As the Pages Turn

Rating: 4.5 Stars!



I've read three books from Eden Butler so far, but as much as I was excited to read this I was also scared because from the blurb alone, I know that it's going to be an angst-fest.

Welp! I was both right and wrong. I was right about it being an angst fest. But I was wrong about the being scared part because even though I wanted to vomit from the angst and frustration...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Kona Hale met Keira while in college. It was not love at first sight. It was hate at first sight. Kona is the big man on campus. A football player on his way to the NFL and Keira is a serious student who wants nothing more than to get out of the controlling thumb of her mother. She was not the kind of girl that a guy like Kona usually hangs out with.

That is until Kona started noticing Keira. He wants her, she demures. They did the push and pull for a little while until Keira finally gave in to her own attraction to Kona. When these two came together, it was explosive. They were certainly a match. They were both passionate, stubborn and temperamental.



And the very same qualities that attracted them to each other like a moth to flame became their undoing.

Sixteen years later, they are both older and wiser but still very much attracted to each other. Their past is telling them that being together again is a very bad idea but this time, they had to too much to lose not to try again.

My Thoughts

This book really threw me for a loop. Once I started it, I just couldn't put it down. Both Kona and Keira are compelling characters. They made some pretty bad decisions the first time they were ogether. And sometimes, I had to restrain myself from chucking my Kindle at the wall at some of the things they did to hurt each other. But goodness, I couldn't not ROOT for them. I wanted them to be together at the end. Kona's possessiveness and Keira's temper made for a very passionate yet volatile relationship, and their youth only compounded it.

I have to say, as much as I loved Eden Butler's Seeking Serenity series, this book is definitely my favorite from hers so far. My only gripe was about Keira and Kona's mothers. They both played a huge role in the destruction of Kona and Keira's relationship but I never understood why they were just so, ugh, evil.



So coming from someone who has a pretty close relationship with her mother, I guesses I needed more back story. I needed the why simply because I couldn't fathom how a mother could ever do those things to their own flesh and blood. I wanted that. There were some clues here and there, as to why, but I never got a clear picture why they acted the way they did.

Other than that, this one was pretty unforgettable. So if you're in the mood for some possessive alpha, temperamental females, and loads of angst, read this book.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment