13 March 2013

EasyEasy by Tammara Webber
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Love is not the absence of logic but logic examined and recalculated heated and curved to fit inside the contours of the heart

I admit it. The cover threw me off. The cover looks too emo for my taste, so I didn't read it immediately. That was my mistake. Honestly, books, especially in the romance genre, where such sensitive topics such as rape, abuse, and murder/suicide are difficult to read. As much as possible I avoid reading them especially in when the book is supposed to be a "romantic" book.

While Easy is far from being an easy read considering the topic, Ms. Webber did succeed giving us a very engaging story. Loved Lucas and Jacqueline. I think they were well developed and very sympathetic characters. YA heroines tend to annoy me most of the time but Jacqueline is a really sympathetic character. Her relationship with family and what she endured just breaks my heart. I loved how she went from being scared and helpless to finally owning it and boy, did she kick some butt! I loved that. I loved Erin. She played a big part in Jacqueline's transformation. She defended her, protected her and most of all signed her up for some self-defense classes. When I was reading it, I was like, "Yeah! You go girl!" Seriously, every girl should have an Erin on their side. And then of course, there's Lucas. I mean, what's not to love about this guy. Like Jacqueline, he was able to turn his life around after an unspeakable tragedy to his family. And while Jacqueline had Erin, Lucas had Dr. Heller on his side. His relationship with his dad was heartbreaking.

Loved everything about this book. I'm glad I finally got to read it. Looking forward to more of Ms. Webber. I think she's one of the best in this genre.


View all my reviews">

No comments:

Post a Comment